Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Purist or Hot Rodder?

It's the never ending argument among old car guys. Hot rodders screams shame on trailer queens, and not so thrilled about numbers matching cars where the value significantly drops the moment you loose the original air in your tires...so to speak. Because when value of the car kills it's fun factor, then it defeats the entire purpose of the hobby.

Not with the purist....they keep it stock, they keep it numbers matching, and they keep it in their garages, waiting for equity. They cry foul with the idea of a modification, and they call their hot rodder counterpart butchers.


I however am a car junkie that appreciates both. But I definitely am not a purist. Don't get me wrong, I love numbers matching cars...specially if it's a Hemi-powered Mopar)... To each his own, as long as it's old. I love both worlds, and I love every old car from anywhere in the world...but I got to admit...I am still a hot rodder at heart.........So if you ask me a hypothetical question...what would I do with a Rolls Royce....or a Ferrari?, my answer is plain and simple...and yes predictable as well.....I'll tub it! then I'll butcher it....ooppss, I mean I would hot rod it!

Butchered? or a fun-factor car

Ahh Ferrari...Molested? Nah....it's hot rodded
...but at the end of the day...as Dennis Gage puts it....."Remember...honor the timeless classics! Happy motoring!"

No comments:

Post a Comment